Acne Scar Reduction in Nashville, TN
Who else wants to finally get rid of Acne Scars?
Acne scars are frustrating but there are several treatments available to reduce or remove acne scars. If you’re ready to consider an acne scar removal treatment in Nashville, we have an extensive program and offer the best available treatments available for acne scar removal.
"I don't know what I was waiting for. My acne scars are almost completely gone!"
– A Recent Patient –
What Is Acne Scar Treatment Nashville, How Much of the Scars Can Be Removed?
Battling acne has long been a struggle and the scars it leaves behind can be demoralizing and devastating. Advancement in medicine combined with cutting edge technology have made it possible to treat acne and reduce or remove acne scars altogether.
Treatments for acne scar removal vary from topical creams with Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Salicylic Acid or Retinoids, to microneedling and the use of lasers. There are different types of acne scars and each type responds differently to treatment.
Topical Creams and Solutions
People with acne scars and sensitive and problematic skins don’t do well with over the counter creams.
Micro needling is a non-invasive treatment suitable for different types of skin damage, including minimal scarring from acne. Excellent results can be had, gradually. There’s evidence that microneedling helps reduce the depth of acne scars, however this treatment can take up to 9 months depending on your individual situation.
Dermabrasion is suitable for more severe acne scarring. The top layer of skin is removed with a rapidly rotating brush or similar device. This treatment removes surface scars entirely and renders deeper acne scars less noticeable.
There are medications which can be injected into raised scars to flatten them out and to soften the scars.
- Soft tissue fillers may be used to stimulate collagen formation. It’s safe and simple. Results are subtle, and you may need repeat treatments, depending on the amount and severity of your scarring.
- Steroids may also be used on raised scars to improve their appearance.
There are different laser treatments available for the removal of acne scars.
- Ablative laser resurfacing uses a wand-like laser which removes the upper layers of skin. and old skin cells in order to reveal new healthy cells.
- Non-ablative laser resurfacing uses infrared lasers, to stimulate collagen production and encourage new cell growth to replace damaged cells.
- Fractionated laser treatment stimulates the tissue underneath the scars to remove dark pigmented cells.
- Pulsed Light sources and radiofrequency devices will make scars less noticeable without damaging the outer layer of skin. Repeated treatments are usually required and the results are subtle.
Which Acne Scar Removal Treatment Is Right For You?
The best way to determine which acne scar removal treatment is the right one for you, is to have a consultation with a qualified healthcare professional or dermatologist. If you are looking for an acne scar removal treatment in Nashville, call us for a consultation.
People also ask:
- Is there any treatment to remove acne scars?
- Can a dermatologist help remove acne scars?
- How do professionals get rid of acne scars?
- How much is Subcision for acne scars?
- Is Subcision the same as Microneedling?
- What is Microneedling?
- Can microneedling make scars worse?
- How much is microneedling cost?
- Can microneedling ruin your skin?
- Who should not do microneedling?
- Is microneedling worth it for acne scars?
- What is better chemical peel or microneedling?
- What is better for acne scars microdermabrasion or microneedling?
- How many times can you do microneedling?
- Which is better microneedling or Botox?
Does Acne Go Away?
In 80% of cases, teen acne goes away. In some cases leaving scars. Acne can affect people at different times in their lives, even as adults. Acne can be managed and scars removed through different treatments and a healthy diet.
Different Types Of Acne Scars
- Ice Pick Scars
- Boxcar Scars
- Rolling Scars
- Hypertrophic Scars
- Keloid Scars
Can Acne Scars Be Permanently Removed?
Depending on the type of acne scars you have, you may choose from different procedures, and not all acne scars will completely disappear. Overall, laser treatments are the most effective option for the majority of acne scars.
Can Pitted Acne Scars Be Removed?
Punch grafting gives the best results with pitted acne scars.
How Are Hypertrophic Acne Scars and Keloids Treated?
Corticosteroid injections help decrease inflammation and increase collagen growth. Treatment needs to be repeated every four to six weeks for a maximum of four treatments. Other suitable treatments include surgical excision, pulse-dye laser, radiotherapy, and intralesional 5-fluorouracil.
Which Acne Scar Removal Treatment Is Best?
The best way to determine which acne scar removal treatment is best for you, is to have a consultation with a qualified healthcare professional or dermatologist.